Professionals repeatedly encounter the topic of female genital cutting (FGM/C). Awareness-raising is necessary to enable professionals to respond in a professional manner. The Network offers coaching, professional training and networking opportunities in their region.
Awareness-raising work with professionals comprises the following activities:
- Coaching: The network trains and advises professionals, peer educators, teams and institutions.
- Training: The network organises in-depth, practice-oriented professional training tailored to the needs of participants, in cooperation with experienced professionals and peer educators.
- Train-the-trainer: The network trains instructors who wish to incorporate the topic into their teaching activities.
- Continuing training of peer educators: key community members, intercultural translators and other interested members of the communities are trained to be sensitive to FGM/C issues.
- Inclusion of the topic in curricula: The Network is advocating the inclusion of the topic of FGM/C in the curricula of initial and continuing professional training.
- Guidelines: The Network is working with experts and professional associations to develop resources for professionals and institutions.